DENTAL CHECKUPS AT HIBARI CLINIC
At our Mont Kiara dental clinic, we emphasize on the necessity to come for regular dental checkups. One should be aware of the importance of a dental check-up. Just like you would regularly check up on your body’s well being, it is must to do the same your teeth. Your teeth are, after all, part of your body.
During a dental check-up, you’d be able to detect any issues before it gets too severe. A hygienist or dentist would clean your teeth and check for any gum disease or cavities. If necessary, the exam would include dental X-rays or other diagnostic procedures.
By undergoing a dental exam your dentist or hygienist will be able to consult you about your oral hygiene and recommend practices that would help improve your general health. They might even go as far as demonstrating correct brushing and flossing techniques.
Dental checkups do not only detect issues with your dental health. They are also able to identify problems with your overall health. Some diseases or problems such as lupus, arthritis, diabetes, and rheumatoid tend to appear in the mouth first.
For further details, do not hesitate to contact us at our dental clinic Mont Kiara.
How often should I have a dental exam?
It is recommended that you schedule a dental appointment at least once a year. That is if you don’t need any special care. For those who do need special treatment such as examining your dental implants or adjusting braces, please consult your doctor to schedule your regular appointments
What to expect during a dental exam!
Your dentist will;
- Examine and consult you about your oral hygiene and overall health
- Detect any signs of tooth decay, root decay or gum or bone disease
- Evaluate any need for tooth replacement or restoration
- Clean your teeth by removing any stains or deposits on your teeth
- Advice on correct ways to care for your teeth if needed. Whether or not you need fluoride
- If needed, dental x-rays and other diagnostic procedures are available